Saint Barnabas offers a variety of educational and extracurricular activities for people of all ages!
–Field Trips (3-4): Kindergarten through 8th grade ( places include but not limited to the Science Center, Civil Rights, American Village, Zoo, Ballet)
– National Junior Honors Society: 6-8th grade students who maintain excellence in academics and conduct
– Student Council: Middle school students have the opportunity to represent their class as well as the middle school as a whole on issues that are important to them. Come and experience the fun in representing your peers in school government!
– Homework help students in grades 1-8 who need some guidance on homework after school mentored by the Honor’s Society members
– Scholastic Book Fair: Twice a year students and family members can stop by the book fair at school to stock up on their favorite chapter books, picture books, or graphic novels. A great way for students to foster their love of reading both inside and outside of school.
– Science Fair : 5-8th grade students where students have the potential to submit their project to UAB Regional Science Fair with the opportunity to then advance to states! We’ve had some really amazing project and students who place highly in the Regional Science Fair.
– Summer Camp: The teachers are preparing for a fun filled learning experience with all students approaching grades K4-6. SBCS Academic Camp focuses on Math, Reading, and Science skills along with other engaging activities. Did we mention free lunch for every student? Yes, at our summer camp each student qualifies for a free lunch. Classes will be broken into categories by age and/or grade.
– International Food Festival: Open for all members of the community to come and experience different tastes from around the world put on by each classroom.
Catholic Schools Week: National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. It starts the last Sunday in January and runs all week, which in 2015 is January 25 – 31. The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week 2015 is “Catholic Schools: Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.” Events during this week included Penny Drive against the classes, Tacky Day, Disney Character Day, Crazy Hat Day, and National Honor’s Society Induction.
– Field Day: Open for 5-8th grade students to spend the day at John Carroll High School and participate in track and field events against the other Catholic schools in the area, a day full of fun at the races!
– Drama Club: Students of all grades can participate in this after school club in which your acting and performance skills can shine! Drama club members often perform at major school functions including our Christmas program, International Food Festival, and pep rallies.
– End of the Year Carnival: A time for all family members of St. Barnabas to have a great time to close out the school year with games, good food, and entertainment for all ages.
Jump Rope for Heart and Fighting Cancer: Charity activities that get the whole school moving, involved, and actively engaged in causes that are very personal to our school community.